David Moreno has taught at international yoga conferences, festivals, universities, and teacher training programs worldwide. He has worked privately with students in the fashion and entertainment industries and has trained world-class athletes — including the coach of the 2004/2008 Olympics U.S. Men's Swim Team. He has also served as a product advisor and Ambassador for the Canadian athletica company, Lululemon and is a certified Pilates instructor.
His yoga commentaries have been published in Yoga Journal, Yoga International, LA Yoga Magazine, and Common Ground. His dance criticism and dance reviews featured in Culture Vulture. He is also the creator and producer of yoga DVDs and electronic books.
David began practicing yoga in the late 70's studying the Iyengar and Ashtanga styles of yoga before studying Anusara and the Bihar methods of yoga. He continues his studies in Ayurveda and Tantra, delving deeper into the primordial tantric roots of the yoga tradition. David is known for his keen sense of humor and timing making his teaching both playful and informative. When not traveling, he teaches in the San Francisco bay area.
Watch David's recent
TV interviews on YogiViews.com
"David Moreno is one of the most know- ledgeable, fun, artistic, and sweet-hearted teachers that I know. If you want your body to shine and your heart to laugh, then David Moreno is your guide."
Universal Principles of Hatha Yoga
"If you look at the essence of yoga as a spiritual practice, the ultimate goal is not to have a tight gluts and fab abs", said David Moreno, the yoga director at Yoga Mandala Studio in Berkeley, Calif... Rather, he said, it is "to align with essential nature that goes beyond the confines of your body." Yoga masters in India, he noted, are "not skinny blond aerobics bunnies." Mr. Moreno said he suspects that most exercise instructors who meld mindfulness and cardiovascular exercise lack the sort of nuanced understanding of yoga philosophy to recognize the inherent contradiction. "If you really understand yoga, you know the physical practice is a minute part of the total practice," he said. "You don't take your abs with you when you die."
"Sweating Your Way to Serenity"
New York Times
June 28, 2005
David has taught for:
- YogaRaum, Berlin, Germany
- Yoga Show, London, UK
- Hawaii Spirit Festival, Oahu, Hawaii
- East Coast Spirit Festival, Virginia Beach, VA
- Korea Yoga Conference, Seoul, Korea
- Yoga Elements Studio, Bangkok, Thailand
- The Yoga Space, Leeds, UK
- Feathered Pipe Foundation, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
- Body Mind Spirit Conference, Santa Clara, CA
- Yoga Yoga, Austin, TX
- Southwest Yoga Conference, Palm Springs, CA
- Yoga Barn, Ubud, Bali
- Skyros Center, Skyros, Greece
- House of Yoga & Zen, Maui, HI
- Evolution Asia Yoga Conference, Hong Kong
- Yoga Tree, San Francisco, CA
- Rumah Yoga, Jakarta, Java
- Southwest Yoga Conference, Austin, TX
- Urban Yoga, Palm Springs, CA
- Bali Spirit Festival, Ubud, Bali
- Balance, Glasgow, Scotland